To enhance the energy of Taiwan’s cultural and creative industry, honor outstanding creative talents, and encourage enterprises to value the importance of R&D in innovation, the Ministry of Culture has organized the “Cultural and Creative Award” since 2010. The award encourages innovation among Taiwanese industries through the competition in order to build a foundation for quality life in Taiwan, and strives to become the highest honor in Taiwan’s cultural and creative industry.
This year marks the 10th Cultural and Creative Award, and the evaluation will target products (works) by exhibitors of the “2020 Creative Expo Taiwan.” An international jury will review all exhibits onsite at the exhibition, so that the Cultural and Creative Award can differentiate itself from other prestigious design awards in Taiwan that have longer histories, and serve as an annual index for domestic and foreign expert buyers and participating citizens when purchasing cultural and creative products. Through the organization and recognition of the award, the Ministry aims to continue encouraging cultural and creative enterprises that focus on innovations and the building of business models, and propel the development of the cultural and creative industry in Taiwan.
Cultural and Creative Award: 30 winners.
Best Culture & Creative Award of the year: 5 winners selected from the 30 Cultural and Creative Award recipients above.
The deadline is 19 Feb. 2020. 。
- Application open to all products (works) by exhibitors of the 2020 Creative Expo Taiwan; applied items must be products (works) launched within the past three years (after January 2017). Previous winners of the Cultural and Creative Award may not apply again.
- Any exhibitor can submit a maximum of 2 products (works); for group exhibitors, each participating company may submit 2 additional products (works).
application only（https://creatvexpo.tw/）. When filling in the exhibitor information, applying exhibitors may attach product (work) explanations in both Chinese and English and pictures of the products (works) to enter the competition.
REVIEW AND SELECTION
Review and selection for the Cultural and Creative Award will be carried out in two phases, where domestic and overseas professionals and experts of the media, industry, procurement, trend study, and cultural and creative industry will be invited to form an interdisciplinary jury.
- Preliminary Review: the jury conducts Preliminary Review on all submitted documents, including product explanations and pictures, and selects sixty finalists. 。
- Onsite Review: all finalists shall display the products at Songshan Cultural and Creative Park on April 21, 2020 (the day before the opening of Creative EXPO Taiwan). The jury will conduct onsite review and select 30 winners of the Cultural and Creative Award, as well as 5 winners of the Best Culture & Creative Award of the year from the aforementioned 30 winners.
- Public Announcement of Winners: all winners will be announced at the 2020 Cultural and Creative Award Ceremony.
Best Culture & Creative Award of the year (5 Winners)
- Certificate of merit
- Priority to Creative Expo Taiwan
and booth spaces
- Sales and Display in Design Pin store
- Winners’ booths will be labeled. Announcement will be made on the official website and Facebook page of Creative Expo Taiwan. Winners’ information will be Cultural and Creative Award released for media coverage.
- 獎狀 1 式
- 2020 年臺灣文博會成果專刊露出
- 文創精品獎展售活動 1 場