Friendly and Convenient Tourism City
Taipei is one of the youngest but fast-growing well-known cities in Asia. Within 30 minutes, you can go up to the mountain and down to the sea to enjoy the delights of nature. While preserving the beautiful sceneries, Taipei has devoted to develop the convenient public transportation system at the same time. In Taipei, you can enjoy the most convenient life; we have more than five convenience stores per square kilometer opened 24 hours a day offering 2000 service and commodities. With features of great air quality, various cultural entertainments, safe streets and free social and political atmosphere; MasterCard Worldwide ranked Taipei the 6th out of the 10 Destination Cities in Asia/ Pacific in the Index of Global Destination Cities 2014, the second position after Hong Kong in the Greater China Region. All indicates that Taipei has gradually become the potential city of the tour in Asia/ Pacific.
Visa of Republic of China (R.O.C.) varies depending on the applicant’s nationality and purpose of visit in 4 types：
- Visitor Visa (short-term visa within 180 days)
- Resident Visa (long term visa above 180 days)
- Diplomatic Visa
- Courtesy Visa
The nationals of the following 43 countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days:
The nationals of the following 43 countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days: Australia, Austria, Andorra, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., U.S.A., and Vatican City State.
The nationals of the following 2 countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days:
- For further information of Visa-Exempt Entry and Landing Visas, please refer to the website of the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs at http://www.boca.gov.tw/mp.asp
- For arrival and departure related regulations, please refer to the website of Tourism Bureau, M.O.T.C. Republic of China (Taiwan) at http://taiwan.net.tw/m1.aspx?sNo=0000118
Taipei Main Station, the major transport hub of Taipei, connects the access systems: Taipei Metro (MRT), Taiwan High-Speed Rail (THSR), Taiwan Railway, and Intercity Bus. The number of daily average passengers is more than 528,000. Located in downtown Taipei, Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA) is able to fly directly to the international airports such as Tokyo Haneda, Seoul Gimpo, and Shanghai Hongqiao. In addition, you can reach Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) in less than one hour. With the convenient and various choice of transportation, passengers can tour Taipei easily.
- For further information, please refer to the website of the Department of Information and Tourism, Taipei City Government at http://www.travel.taipei/frontsite/tw/cms/cmsAction.do?method=goCMSDetail&contentId=7639&menuId=2010201
- As the significant transport hub of Asia, Taipei has developed highly international and friendly tourism service. Taipei, covering 270 square kilometers, offers more than 25,000 rooms in 379 hotels to give travelers a comfortable tourism experience.
- Cooperators of Creative Expo Taiwan
Other Useful Tourist Information